Thursday, June 2, 2011

FAN

I signed on for the "blog every day" deal, since I'm doing so much carpe diem-ing up in here. I like to type out my thoughts. I find it therapeutic so I should commit to it, right?

I'm going to take the easy-ish route and use some of the prompts they suggest, but might not do them in order because I AM A REBEL AND I THUMB MY NOSE AT ORDER AND AUTHORITY. Ahem. Not really. I'm actually a pretty rigid rule-follower but this just works best for me, okay?

The prompt for yesterday was "Are you a fan of a sports team? When did you become a fan?" This is such a multi-dimensional question so I might address it a couple times throughout the month. YOU'RE SO EXCITED AREN'T YOU?!

I will start by saying that I am a huge fan of my first alma mater, the Bowling Green State University Falcons. When I was an undergraduate at BG, I wasn't a real frequent visitor of athletic events, as I was over-emerged in Greek Life (which was similar in a lot of ways to being on an athletic team, but minus scholarships) but I probably went to more than the average BGSU student at the time. Mainly because I embrace any opportunity to sing along with the BEST fight song in the whole universe, Ay Ziggy Zoomba.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found you on the NaBloPoMo blogroll. I'm blogging he crazy-every-day way, too.

http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/06/do-big-bears-sht-in-woods.html