Monday, June 6, 2011

Word by word

One of the prompts last week was "Which author made you want to be a writer (or blogger)?"

Initially, I thought of all the great books that have tickled my senses, moved me, changed my life, etc., but then I thought "...those books were so good...what really made me think I could write were the Twilight books..."

You're probably thinking "This girl is crazy...those tween books can't hold a candle to fine pieces of literature!" and YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT (mostly about the second part of that sentence.) Although I read all the books and think they are fun (I've also seen all the movies to date), I thought they were poorly written and I would have THE BEST TIME if you asked me to edit them.  Reading her overly-wordy, passive writing made me think "Huh...if she can do it, maybe I can too?"

The things standing between me and writing anything of substance are a lack of motivation, time, and discipline. Hence, I blog. Whoooo!

No comments: