Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 4 - The day I finally have some moments of self-pity

So, in keeping with the American spirit, I decided since my health insurance runs until June 30, I might as well take this time to get anything and everything done. I'm sure I'll elect COBRA for July, while I figure out if I can get better insurance through school, but I thought it would be wise to milk my insurance for all it was worth. With that in mind, I headed to the eye doctor to pick out new glasses. Knowing my past experience with picking out new eyeglasses has been pretty traumatic, I asked a friend to help me.

One word of advice I have for everyone...do not do something you know is a little traumatic/frustrating/etc. when you have recently gone through a life-altering experience that isn't a "good" experience (while we are still believing this lay-off was an inherantly good thing for me, it is one of those "silver lining" things, and not a complete good thing at first glance). I left the appointment (where I kinda sorta found some decent glasses, but still had to try on about 50 pairs, bemoan my weirdly shaped face and nose, labor over what color looks best on a practically transparent person, etc.) feeling a bit sorry for myself. I didn't go home and cry or anything, but I was feeling a bit down.

This too, shall pass.

No comments: