Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 3 - The day where I get to do something spontaneous

So I am not truly a spontaneous person. While I like to do different things and am generally willing to try just about anything, these things are rarely done on a whim. I am a planner. I like to have my days planned and aligned so I can make sure I have clean clothes for outings and have at least a couple of responsible things checked off my list.

Well, with the lay-off, I now don't have as many things on my calendar, since my days were usually filled with work, networking events, etc. On Day 3 of the lay-off, I was not only able to go to the Farmer's Market with friends (sunshine, earthy people and maybe every kid in the city) but was also able to spontaneously go to a concert at Ravinia. The whole act of going somewhere I hadn't planned on going filled with me excitement and a sense of adventure. Had I been working, there would have been no way I would have been able to go. The place was magical. It was a great evening, taking the Metra was so much fun (we didn't have to pay on the trip there! We felt so bad but it felt so right), and the food my friend had made was delicious. Not to mention a trip to Ravinia was on my summer list and I love checking things off on that.

No comments: