Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cha-cha-cha-channnggeeeeessss.

One would think with how internet savvy I am that I'd have all the latest technology gadgets. That is not the case. Up until this morning, I rocked a flip phone, with PRIDE. I am of the belief that you use something until it breaks/no longer works and try to be a conscious consumer (watch the Story of Stuff - Electronics for an overview of how destructive discarded technology products can be.)  My flip phone worked ya'll! No, I couldn't check my email on it, but that's OKAY! I don't want to be plugged in all the time!

For over a year, I've only been able to charge my phone in my car, because I left my wall charger plugged into the wall in New Orleans when I was there last year for Jazz Fest.  This was funny to me, but other people, I believe, found it quite sad.  I received non-stop harrassment about my flip phone, ranging from comments such as "Whoa...who you calling, Zack Morris?" to "Oh COME ON. That's pathetic." Judgers be damned, I love my flip phone.

In February or March, a friend of mine sent me her old smart phone when she upgraded to the Verizon iPhone. Yes...I've had a smartphone since at least March and am just TODAY getting around to activating it.  Please reference earlier posts on my procrastination problem (as well as my stinginess...I'm not thrilled about paying for a data plan!) if you are wondering why it took so long.

I'm on my way to go pick up my phone, so I'm sure I won't be able to call, text, email, or tweet for days until I figure the confounded gadget out. Send help if you haven't heard from me in 48 hours!!

No comments: