Saturday, February 5, 2011

Music to my ears: Fitz & The Tantrums

A couple weeks ago I was checking out the calendar on the website for the Metro, one of my favorite venues in Chicago. The Metro is about a six block walk from my apartment and a venue where I've seen some awesome, awesome shows from artists (to name a few) like Lily Allen, The Gossip, Cut Copy, Jason Mraz, Liz Phair, and The Decemberists. Since I've seen so many good shows there I often peruse their website and click around to listen to bands they've booked.  Sometimes I'll click and think "Hmmm...no thanks" because an artist or band is just not really my style, but sometimes I'll find something so good I'll go to the Metro that day or the day after to buy a ticket to the show.  One of those recent finds was Fitz & The Tantrums and I'll be seeing them not ONCE, but TWICE today.  I bought tickets for the show at the Metro, and I also WON a chance to see them at the Live from Studio X taping at the Abbey Pub (Thanks XRT! I heart you!)

Maybe I'll post a show report tomorrow, but as I've mentioned, I'm a horrible music critic as I generally love any live show. In the meantime, have a look and listen!  I'm hoping they'll pull me on stage to play the tambourine. Totally could happen. I'm a trained percussionist.

Breakin' the Chains of Love
Fitz & The Tantrums Performing LIVE! that's right LIVE!!!  "Breakin' the Chains of Love" from Fitz&theTantrums on Vimeo.

L.O.V.

Fitz & The Tantrums performing "L.O.V" Live!!! from Fitz&theTantrums on Vimeo.

No comments: