Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Detox.

After almost six days in New Orleans, where they seem to fry almost everything you can eat, I'm feeling a little bloated, a little sluggish, and am craving food that is either picked from a tree, the earth, or really anything not smothered in breading or butter.  WHO AM I?!

Some things I ate while in New Orleans:

Fried green tomatoes
Macaroons from sucre (OMG. I DIE. They are SO GOOD.)
Fried okra
Fried oyster and shrimp po boy
Veggie mufaletta
Crawfish Monica
Fried Eggplant with crawfish sauce
Beignets (once in the afternoon and once at 5:30 a.m.)

I also discovered the best iced mocha I've ever tasted at PJ's Coffee, therefore having a mocha at least four times while in New Orleans.

In other words, the next week will be a crash course in detoxing from the excesses of vacation.  I'm hoping my pants will fit better as a result. :)

1 comment:

kekekelo said...

Thanks for sharing your great post,wish you have a nice day,happy every day!
OMEGA CONSTELLATION COLLECTION