Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Big Easy.

Today I am on my way to New Orleans for the FIRST TIME EVER (also my first time in Louisiana).  Needless to say, I am very excited.  I want to get to all of the continental states (I want to get to Alaska and Hawaii in my lifetime but since those are not cheap trips I'm trying to be realistic.)  Louisiana will be my second new state this year (Minnesota got checked off the list in January.)

Blog posts are scheduled, so I will be stick to my April pledge while exploring a new (to me) city.  Yes, I will eat beignets.  No, I will not eat a Muffuletta sandwich, unless I can get one without meat (but would it still be a Muffuletta?)  I will definitely try the olive salad, because I love olives!

We are going to Nola for Jazz Fest, where I hope to see Lionel Richie, Cowboy Mouth, Better Than Ezra, Simon & Garfunkel, and the Allman Brothers Band. I'll probably be tweeting reviews from the shows, but since I have an ancient phone I can't get tweets until I sit in front of a computer...and not sure when or how that will happen.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: