Friday, February 26, 2010

Fun with Oscar - Precious

I don't think a single person can see this movie and walk away thinking the same things they thought when they walked in.  This movie was disturbing, heartbreaking, frustrating, and...wow.  Just wow.  It's one of those movies that is so amazing, but one that you never really want to ever see again.

Did you know that 73% of rape victims know their assailants? That only 6% of rapists will ever spend a day in jail?  That four out of ten rapes happen in a victim's home?

Precious' mom, played brilliantly by Mo'nique, a woman more known for her comedy than her dramatic performances (and also the CLEAR CHOICE for Best Supporting Actress this year) was evil, despicable, execrable, and sadly, probably based off a real person.  I know most of us would like to think a parent could never really treat their child like that, but unfortunately it happens all too often.


I've tried to type up my thoughts to this movie, but I really think it's just too difficult to recap.  Every time I type something, I read it and think "That sounds stupid" or "you should flippant" or "what do you know about the struggles of the Precious Joneses of the world?" so I delete it.

Basically, this movie left me stunned and maybe a little speechless.  I'm glad to see such a raw, painful movie get so much attention by the industry.

1 comment:

venta de diamantes said...

sold the herkimer daimons :diamantesconmovmiento@gmail.com and daimonstherkimer.blogspot.com