I have been reading Chuck Klosterman's "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" sporadically for the past couple weeks. For those who are not familiar, it's a collection of small vignettes focusing on subjects such as Saved By The Bell, MTV Reality shows, John Cusack (or actually, Lloyd Dobler), the Sims, the movie "Reality Bites", and the Dixie Chicks, to name a few. So, basically it's like reading Gawker from 1993 (i.e. - it's fabulous).
While reading it over the past couple days, I've thought about or wanted to do the following:
1. Listen to Morrisey/The Smiths.
2. Listen to the Dixie Chicks.
3. Watch Saved By The Bell, especially the episode when Jessie Spano gets strung out on No-Doze and dances all flashdance-y.
4. Speaking of Jessie Spanno, why did she ever do that "Showgirls" movie?
5. Chuck is from North Dakota. I've never been to North Dakota. I'd like to go.
6. Chuck talks as if every midwestern town has a Tastee-Freeze, but I don't think there was any Tastee-Freezes anywhere near where I grew up. We did, however, have Dairy Queen's.
7. I wish I had a cookie dough/M&M/Girl Scout Cookie blizzard.