Monday, September 1, 2008

Beer/Baby/Family Tour 08 has come to an end...

In the past ten days I have done the following:
  • Driven from Chicago to the Detroit area with my mom. She calls my favorite band "Wile E. Coyote" (Rilo Kiley).
  • Ate a Culver's malt, butter burger and shared cheese curds w/mom. Culver's is across from Chik-Fil-A. There is no justice!
  • Watched Obama's acceptance speech, while surfing the internet for commentary.
  • Had about $600 of work done on my car. Unexpectedly.
  • Absorbed as much information as possible about Republican VP candidate, Sarah Palin. Felt a little uneasy.
  • Was a passenger in a sweet ride from the Detroit area to Columbus, OH.
  • Had a really delicious sandwich and fries while watching music videos with friends from college at Union Station, in the short-north area of Columbus.
  • Drank a bottle of Conundrum (my favorite wine) with friends at a swank-bar in the short-north.
  • Tailgated for the Ohio State/Youngstown State game. Drank many beers. Tried to practice my "game" on cute boys in Columbus. Giggled when they asked me if I went to school at OSU. Realized they may just be saying that to make me giggle. FOILED AGAIN!
  • Caught a glimmer.
  • Taught friends the "apple stem" game, that could or could not predict the future.
  • Went in to a super-cool ice cream place, just to look around.
  • Brunched with a six-month pregnant friend, along with two non-preg friends. Talked about ovulation, prenatal vitamins, etc. Very different from the previous day's conversations.
  • Saw a friend's 10-day old baby. Talked about water breaking (not his, his wife's).
  • Saw a friend's 3 month old baby. Talked about c-section scars.
  • Ate the most delicious breadstick's at Campus Pollyeye's in Bowling Green, OH.
  • Randomly ran in to a friend from college who was driving through BG and stopping for the breadstick's (they are that good).
  • Saw a friends 5.5 year old child, 2 year old child, and eight-month pregnant belly. Talked about the economy, the Jonas Brothers, gymnastics, Michael Phelps and read books about animals.
  • Watched a MTV channel on which they show actual video's. How novel!
  • Took my brother's dog for a walk by my former elementary school and middle school.
  • Watched Gossip Girl. Got maybe unreasonably excited about the return of Gossip Girl. You know you love it...xoxo.
  • Had lunch at Bob Evan's with the friend who is eight-months pregnant and her two year old daughter. As expected, the waitress thought the two year old was my daughter, not my friends daughter. How does my friend have kids that could pass as mine? Genetics are weird.
  • Had my head used as entertainment during the "Kitty up there!" game, in which a kitty beanie baby was put on top of my head, much to the amusement of the two year old. The kitty would occasionally fall, literally down my face in to my chest area. Thought it was cute. Uh-oh...is that my clock I hear?
  • Went to the Elwood, one of my favorite bars in Detroit. Met up with my Columbus road-trip friend, as well as a friend I haven't seen in AGES. Drank Labatt Blue Light. Had out-of-body-experience, it was so divine. Was called out on my dislike of skinny blond girl's. Need to learn not to make the hate so obvious.
  • Went to the Tiger's game. Got there just in time to get a hot dog, soft drink and roasted almonds. Sat in the bleachers, discussed the song selections of the Tiger's lineup.
  • Spent the night in Ferndale, my former city of residence.
  • Watched the removal hearing's with my friend, who was working from home.
  • Got my hair cut and colored. Man, does that take a while. TOTALLY WORTH IT.
  • Visited a friend and her six, four, and two year old sons, along with her mother and husband. Realized having three boys is mass chaos. The ticking got a lot softer.
  • Had dinner with my brother and his girlfriend at a place called "Lions & Tigers & Beers!". Pontificated about why Dorothy does not have a sandwich named after her on the menu. Skinny bitch probably did not eat. She's lucky she was not blond.
  • Had frozen Custard at Bob Jo's. A small twist with rainbow sprinkles. Realized I have indulged in two of my most favorite foods (Pollyeye's breadstick's and Bob Jo's Frozen Custard) in three days. Thought wistfully of the time I was skinnier, or at least had a functioning metabolism.
  • Watched more MTV videos. A lot more.
  • Watched media coverage of Kwame's resignation.
  • Welcomed my parents home. Got ready to settle in to watch some RNC and John McCain's speech. Got enraged at the 9/11 video, and sent an email to Keith Olbermann, professing my respect for his statement. Got in to a lively discussion with my parent's, who could possibly be more liberal than me? Nahhh.
  • Watched John McCain. Realized he could benefit from some public speaking classes. Almost got blinded at how white the RNC crowd was. Looked up reactions on the internet, per usual.
  • Ran errands with my mom. Ran in to a high school friend who was basically ready to go in to labor while at Target.
  • Saw a friend from high school's mom at the Market. He's married and so is his younger brother, who is about four years younger than us.
  • Ate kohlrabi for the first time. Interesting. Doesn't taste like chicken, tastes more like radishes.
  • Drove to Bowling Green, OH, to facilitate a sorority Recruitment workshop. Yep, that's what I often do. Realized the sophomores were born in 1989. Are you kidding me? Also realized a lot of them dress like it's the 80's. Do we really have to go there again?
  • Left Bowling Green after about six hours and drove to Chicago.
  • Arrived in Chicago, unpacked my car, and promptly fell asleep.
  • Woke up to the sound of my biological clock. I kid, I kid.

No comments: