Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 1 - The day we make a pro/con list.

Pro's:
Not having to return to the dungeon.
Not being in sales.
Not having to work at a place where people start meetings by belching. Loudly.
Not having to work at a place where coworkers openly sleep with each other and no one seems to think it's the least bit inappropriate.
Having the freedom to not work 50-60 hours a week, which essentially took my hourly rate down to about $14/hour.
Being able to take more than one graduate class per quarter.
Not having people make comments about how graduate school is not really "real school", even though it certainly felt real to me.
Having time off in the summer. In Chicago. Enough said.

Con's:
Not knowing when I'll get a regular paycheck.
Not knowing how much COBRA will cost me.

Pro's - FTW!

Tomorrow - things I want to do while off on my summer "vacation" that will not cost much money.

No comments: