Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Here I Go Again..."

I got an email today from NaBloPoMo regarding blogging everyday in February. Initially, I was skeptical.  I know February is the shortest day of the month, coming in at a measly 28 days, so if any month is the right month to accept a daily commitment, it's February.  At the same time, February is a shit month.  I love black history and am a big fan of groundhogs, but otherwise the month is full of angst (with or without a partner, Valentine's Day is annoying ya'll), dark days, and usually some really frightful winter weather.

After opening the email and seeing that the topic for the month is "Character", my interest level increased.  Here is some topic suggestions:

The theme for February blogging is CHARACTER. It's a flexible theme, allowing you to blog about all sorts of things:
1. The people in your life who stand out in regard to their outstanding (or lack of) character -- the use of pseudonyms might be prudent here;
2. Experiences in your life that have helped you build moral character, and the work you might still need to do;
3. It's a chance to try writing in character -- try on different personas and voices for fun, or to address things you might not normally talk about;
4. Character is another word for a letter or symbol, if you feel like it's finally time to indulge in some font nerdery.

If my increasingly random encounters have brought me anything, it's a cast of pretty colorful characters who have provided a lot of potential material. Secondly, if there is anything I can claim to have, it's character.

And clearly, a love for Whitesnake.
 


Join me?

No comments: