Friday, April 16, 2010

Amazing and then some!

The Swan Lake performance last night was AMAZING. We are talking mouth-gaping, "wow" whispering amazing.  The second Act is probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.  I found a clip of one of the parts, done by ABT (but not last night):



I'm no dance critic, but it's pretty apparent when you watch someone who has talent that is out of this world.  The woman who danced the role of Odette/Odile last night, Paloma Herrera, was breathtaking. Her lines, her fluidity, the fact that she made every single move look totally effortless, etc.  Amazing.

I am so glad I had the opportunity to see the performance!  Next on my list (after the Joffrey's spring program) is to see Giselle.  Not only is it supposed to be beautiful, but the role of Giselle is apparently one of the most difficult roles in all of ballet.

No comments: