Friday, November 20, 2009

Personality flaw.

A downside of my otherwise epically wonderful personality is my tendency to get overly excited about things.  While this doesn't sound like a totally horrible thing, it often contributes to another one of my weaknesses, procrastination.

Picture this:  Lollapalooza is one of my favorite weekends of the entire year.  The music festival is happy, huge, and chock-full of terrific artists.  Unfortunately, I can easily spend hours and hours and hours and hours listening to bands I'm not familiar with, designing my schedule, debating between conflicts, reading music blogs for recommendations of their "must see" acts, etc.  This obsession can often get in the way of other worthy tasks, like going to the gym, finding a high-paying full-time job, or socializing with real people.

I recently decided I MUST, HAVE TO, OMG I WON'T BE ABLE TO GO ON IF I DON'T GO, attend South by Southwest next year.  My mind is made up, I'm going to book a flight soon, I'M TOTALLY GOING.  Now I'm afraid I'm going to spend my entire winter listening to new bands and learning everything I can about this music festival.  Oh wait...that doesn't actually sound so bad, does it?  Except I'm also supposed to be working on research, studying for the GRE, going to the gym a lot, and finding a high-paying full time job (and of course, working my part-time jobs while doing all this).  *LE SIGH*

2 comments:

House of Jules said...

I can totally relate, except I'm not studying for the GRE. So much music, so little time to worry about other things! Feelin' your pain, sista!

Can't wait to hear about all the SXSW bands you hear!

Gene said...

I know a couple people down in Austin, so when the time comes and you have any questions let me know. My pal is very helpful.