Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 11 - The day I offer yet another example about my troubles with follow-through

I started this blog less than two weeks ago, and declared I would update it every day. Well, obviously that did not happen. Luckily Blogger realizes some of us are not as diligent as we might hope and allows us to back-date our entries, so it looks like I have been updating every day, but I will admit in the last hour, I have authored blog posts for Day 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Old habits die hard my friends.

This past weekend was a good weekend, just as I expected. I was able to spend time with women who hold the same values and ideals as me. Some of these women are so brilliant and motivated it makes me want to be a better person, as lame as that may sound. Whether it's a completely, ridiculously intelligent (seriously, we are talking a 34 on her ACT and graduating cum laude with a degree in Electrical Engineering) stay-at-home mom to a couple of highly motivated 20-something's just starting off in their careers, I feel motivated to tap in to my potential.

One thing I always take from these trips is how badly I wish I was born in the south. There really is nothing quite like a southern lady. I generally feel a little awkward around them, being from the less glamorous and civilized north, but know that if they were to say anything unfavorable about me, it would undoubtedly be softened with a "Now bless her heart..."

No comments: