Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back in the Saddle!

WOW! Where has the YEAR gone, much less the summer? Yesterday was the last meteorological day of summer and Mother Nature is celebrating by making it one zillion degrees in Chicago today. Hmpf. I have books, boots, cable knit, corduroy, trench coats, and scarves on the brain. It's hard to get fall off my mind when Starbuck's has Pumpkin Spice lattes and Walgreens is pushing candy corn down my throat. Easy fella's!

Fall brings a lot of activity to my world, with the start of school (I work in higher ed, so my life is planned around quarters/semesters), football, the winding down of the baseball season, honey crisp apples (what?) and my birthday (24 days from today!)

In an effort to provide myself with a creative outlet I've signed up to blog ev'ryday with NaBloPoMo.  This months theme is "Return."  Some thoughts from the organizers:

"Returning -- or turning again -- is about reflection, about going backwards, about revisiting a spot or memory. Sometimes people think that it can be a negative thing to live too much in the past, drowning in nostalgia. But a lot can be learned by mentally returning to a moment, replaying what happened in your mind, especially if lessons are learned in the process."

I'm going to be serious this time and am going to 1) follow prompts at least 15 out of 30 days, and 2) enter to win the blogging contest. Why the hell not, right?

No comments: