Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm a fan of these.

I have loved owls for a long while. In college, I was a little jealous of another sorority on campus because one of their symbols was an owl. My sorority symbol is a dove, another bird I totally love, but we can all agree that it's a bit easier to make quirky things with owls than with doves, right?

I've been thrilled with all the cute owl things in stores and have OFTEN picked up items and said "I LOVE IT OMG IT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER I MUST HAVE IT" but then promptly returned said item to shelf because my apartment is maybe only 600 square feet and I'm trying (but sort of failing) to unclutter my life.

The other day, however, I took the plunge. Recall this post? Yep...I got 'em.

They are salt and pepper shakers, and I've decided I am going to SPARINGLY collect salt and pepper shakers. They are adorable AND functional AND I want cute kitchen items for when I have a bigger kitchen. The owls are currently calling the top of my bookshelf in the living room home and they LOVE IT there.

No comments: