Monday, May 9, 2011

Looking ahead.

This morning as I was getting ready for work I had GMA on as usual. Does it mean something if you are a GMA person vs. a Today Show person? My choice was mostly due to what channel came in better with my antennae (yes, I have to use an antennae since I don't have cable) but now I'm totally stuck on George, Robin, Sam, and crew.

Donny & Marie Osmond were on today, singing songs from their recent album. It got me thinking...in thirty years, will Justin Bieber/Selena Gomez/Lady Gaga/Rihanna be on GMA (or whatever it'll be) talking about the old days and performing in support of their "...sings their hits" albums? Do you think people who were Donny & Marie fans in their youth are like "Wow...they are still around?" Do you think they watched them 30 years ago and thought "They are so good...they'll be around forever!" I think these days we realize that fame is fleeting and don't really have high expectations for people to have constantly successful careers in any of the arts.

Do you think anyone currently popular will have a lasting career?

No comments: