Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I should be ashamed of myself...

Last night I picked up two items I recently put a hold request on from the awesome Chicago Public Library.

For reading:
for listening:

That's right. Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later is now sitting on my nightstand and Katy Perry's Teenage Dream is spinning as I type this. I actually chuckled to myself when I was in the checkout line at the library, because I thought to myself "...and this will be the EXACT moment that I'll run into someone I haven't seen in a while." (I didn't, oddly enough)

Had I ran into someone I knew I would have owned it (we all know about owning it, don't we?) and let the book and CD be in plain sight or I would have been shy and covered it with the one reputable book I checked out, Field Notes on the Compassionate Life by Marc Ian Barasch.

My money's on owning it.

1 comment:

Gene said...

I listened to that album on Rhapsody. It was surprisingly decent.