Sunday, February 27, 2011

Winter's Bone: or the one I haven't seen yet.

I AM SO SORRY. I have failed you, my film review readers.

In all fairness, I could have squeezed it in today, finishing moments before the start of the Academy Awards, but I felt that would be cheating the movie. It's one I've wanted to see since I first saw it's previews, and I want to watch it when I can devote my full attention to the movie. I am not in the frame of mind (or state of affairs, or whatever you want to call it) to be able to devote my full attention to a DVD.  Soon, I hope. I also promised to be easier on myself this year, so I'm letting myself off the hook.

I couldn't watch the movie last night, because I was at the Kid Rock concert at the United Center. SO TOTALLY WORTH IT. I'm not a huge listener to Kid Rock, but I think I will be from now on. He puts on QUITE a performance. I'm being serious. You know I see a lot of concerts, so it's not like I don't have a lot for comparison. He was AWESOME. You should see him when he comes to your town.  I couldn't watch this morning/early afternoon because I had my last dog/cat/house-sitting shift and then had to go into work at job #3 for several hours.  It's a busy life, yo.

Okay, the show starts in less than 40 minutes and I have a huge list of things to do. My predictions:
Best Supporting Actor - Christian Bale
Best Support Actress - Melissa Leo
Best Actor - Colin Firth
Best Actress - Natalie Portman
Best Picture - The King's Speech
Most Annoying Performance by a Possible Presenter - Julia Roberts. Always.

No comments: